Iceland is a beautiful country and is mostly covered with snow and ice. With volcanic activity, thermal pools, dramatic landscapes, and glaciers this beautiful country has a lot of excitement to offer. According to Mark Roemer, Iceland is a land of myth and legends that can thrill you with its scenic beauty, mythical creatures, and cultural experience.
Here are some of the best things to do in Iceland:
- Go for glacier hiking and ice-caving – Iceland is a land of frozen landscapes where you can witness floating icebergs, sweeping glaciers, and dazzling blue ice caves. But still, you will be surprised to know that the country has a mild temperature, especially during the warm summer days. So, it is the perfect place for ice-caving and glacier hiking. Hornstrandir nature reserve is the best place for hiking in Iceland.
- Admire the Dynjandi Waterfall – Dynjandi waterfall is known to be the most beautiful waterfall in Iceland and it is located on Dynjandi vogue Bay. As you proceed to the location, you will find a lot of small waterfalls before you finally see the main attraction, the raging water of Dynjandi. If you ever go to Iceland, you should never forget to visit this waterfall. There is a camping area near this waterfall where you can stay and enjoy the majestic view of the waterfall.
- Spend some time on Raudasandur beach – Raudasandur beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and the sand you find here are pink and red. Some of the most common activities people do on this beach are sunbathing, seaside walk, etc. You can also enjoy pounding waves as well as the turquoise lagoon.
- Swim in Blue Lagoon – Blue Lagoon is the most famous attraction in Iceland. In the Blue Lagoon, you can experience amazing spas, the warm and soothing water, charming surroundings, and billowing steam stack, making it the best place for the visitors. The water of the Blue Lagoon islands contains silica and other minerals that have healing properties and every year, millions of people come to this place from all over the world to treat a range of skin conditions as well as other ailments.
- Visit Snaefellsjokull National park: Snaefellsjokull National Park is located on the Snaefellsnes peninsula and is known for its signature glacier named Snaefellsjokull. In this national park, you can witness amazing lava tubes as well as lava fields and it also has a wide range of local flora and fauna.
If you are a lover of nature, then this place will certainly be the best for you and you will also find a plethora of local coastal species. Apart from that, as a nature lover, you can also go for whale watching in this park.
According to Mark Roemer, these are some of the best places to visit in Iceland and you should visit all of them if you can. Also, try to immerse yourself in the culture of Iceland while visiting to fully appreciate the beauty of the country.