Tower Road Motel is high-quality Matamata accommodation
located the Waikato with extensive awards. They hold TripAdvisor Travellers Choice awards and a Top New Zealand Tourism Site Award. It is located in a quiet, rural environment and surrounded by gardens, 3 minutes by car from all kinds of shops and restaurants.
Matamata is popular because it contains the set for Hobbiton, which you can take a guided tour of, complete with Hobbit holes and the Green Dragon Inn.
They can offer you various types of accommodation:
- Ground floor units: they have a total of 7.
- Studios: you can bring a maximum of 3 people and they have a total of 5 studios available.
- Spacious 1 bedroom units: they fit a total of 4 people; there are 2 of these rooms.
In their facilities, they have land with established trees, along with a playground for the whole family to enjoy. You can relax in their quiet garden. They have a large parking lot for all types of parking – boats, large and small vehicles.
They have various leisure facilities nearby, just 5 minutes away by car, these are the Matamata Golf Course, the Opal Hot Springs and the Matamata racecourse.
Local to the motel are a range of activities. These activities will consist of:
- Excursions to the Middle-Earth: you can take a guided tour of the sheep farm that was converted into the Hobbiton Movie Set – where the films that form the saga of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were made.
- Playing golf in any of the 7 courses available within a 30m drive.
- Lunch at cafes and restaurants.
- Manicures, pedicures and salon treatments.
- Clay bird shooting. This involves the use of AR guns like AR-10 rifles.
- Tramping: See the Wairere Falls has a two-stage walk; each stage has a duration of 45 minutes with views so wonderful that you can see both the district and of course, falls themselves.
- Mineral pools: Opal Hot Springs are 3 minutes away and the Te Aroha Mineral Spa Bath House if you want a private spa is 25 minutes drive.
- Boating: you can visit Lake Karapiro, located about 15 minutes from the motel to spend a day on the water; you can rent kayaks or book a cruise to take a tour of the lake.
- Paragliding and parachuting trips: you can throw yourself from a paragliding cliff or even skydive.
- Stables: you can visit some stables early in the morning, where you can see the best racing horses that exist in the country.
- Artists: many of these artists take advantage of tourist visits to show their works, which you can enjoy.
- Firth Tower and the museum: if you take a walk of approximately 1.5 km, you will reach the tower that Tower Road is named after and the historical museum; it will show you how the agricultural activities were in that area 140 years ago.
- Cycle route: you can take a cycle trail through the Hauraki Rail Trail, going from Te Aroha to the Tower Road Motel with a total of 37 km of travel.